It’s a weird combo yet the flavours in this one work so well that I just keep eating it over and over. It’s fresh and creamy and delicate yet flavour-packed.
I do love a recipe that can use up leftover celery that has commenced it’s descent into to floptown.
I also keep a big stash of frozen prawns in the freezer at all times – it’s an easy way to get protein into any meal without having to worry about defrosting ahead of time ie last minute as hell!
- 20 raw prawns
- 1 small onion
- 2 medium potatoes
- half a head of celery (or whatever you have on hand really)
- 1 large clove garlic
- 100g flour
- 500g chicken stock
- 350g milk
- 100g cream
- Dice the potatoes into 2cm square pieces and set aside
- Chop the onions, celery and garlic 15 secs/speed 6
- Saute 7 min/90°C/speed 1
- Add the flour 2 mins/90°C/speed 1
- Add the chicken stock, milk and potatoes 15 min/Varoma/speed 4
- Place the prawns in a single layer in the steam basket and place it on top of the TMX – If the prawns are frozen do it after adding the stock etc. If they are not frozen then do it with 7 minutes remaining
- Remove the prawns and set aside
- Add the cream and puree for 30 secs/speed 6
- Place 5 prawns in the bottom of each serving bowl, then pour the soup over the top. Place another 5 prawns on top.