|I’m embarrassed to admit that this is a Jamie Oliver recipe. He’s mildly ridiculous but hey, this is a really simple every day recipe full of flavour without going mental on the calories.
And it’s a bloody quick cook. For once I’m on the bandwagon.
|Also, I like what he’s done here with the greek salad. They are so often tedious as balls but this version is pleasing to me.|
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
- 100g feta cheese
- 100g baby spinach
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 4 large sheets of filo pastry
- Cos/Romaine lettuce
- 1 cucumber
- 1 small red onion
- A handful of mint, roughly chopped
- A handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- 20g slivered almonds
- 650g mixed ripe tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- black olives
- clove of garlic, smashed roughly
- natural/greek yoghurt
- lemon juice
- Food processor/blender
- oven-friendly frying pan
- serving dish
- mixing bowl
- small frypan
- Preheat the oven to 220c degrees .
- Drain the chickpeas
- Blitz the chickpeas, feta, spinach, lemon zest and paprika until combined.
- Fold a single sheet of filo pastry in half, spoon a quarter of the feta mix into the middle and then bring the sides up to make the parcel, pinching the top to close it off.
- Heat the frypan to high with a dash of oil
- Add the parcels to the pan and brown the bottoms
- Place in the oven to cook until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, mix the yoghurt with some lemon juice and set aside
- To make the salad, slice up the tomato and array across the serving dish
- Slice the cucumber and onion very thinly and throw into a bowl
- Squeeze the lemon juice and season well with salt
- Chop the mint and coriander and add to the bowl.
- Give the bowl a good mix around
- Meanwhile, heat a frypan with a splash of oil on medium heat
- Add the olives and almonds (give the olives a hand squish as you add them to the pan)
- Heat for a few minutes till they are fragrant and the almonds are lightly coloured
- Add the garlic till fragrant
- Slice the lettuce and array loosely over the tomatoes on the serving dish
- Drop the cucumber & onion mix on top
- Drizzle with olive oil then scatter with the olive and almond mix.
- Serve the parcels with the salad, and a dollop of the lemony yoghurt
- Drizzle a little bit of honey over the parcels