I’m terrifically lazy to be honest and I like to cook dinners that require very little effort on my part yet are yummy and don’t come out of a packet. This, evidently, is one of those.
- 1pkt San Remo Penne
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp butter
- 1sml onion, sliced finely
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 250g mushrooms, chopped finely
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1 cup thickened cream
- ½ cup grated pecorino
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt & pepper
- In a pan on low heat, add oil and butter.
- Next add the garlic and onion. Cook until garlic is brown.
- Remove the garlic and add the mushrooms, eggplant and leaves of thyme.
- Cook 5 to 6 mins until lightly golden, stirring continually.
- Add the cream and season with salt & pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low for 10 mins.
- Strain pasta once al dente and pour into pan. Cook for a further minute. Add the nutmeg and stir.
- Serve with a generous amount of pecorino
Recipe by: Adam Swanson, Zucca
Time: 30 minutes