My husband likes making custard (frequently!) and I like making hollandaise sauce (alright, also pretty frequently, but let’s not get too judgy) which leaves with a load of leftover egg whites…
This is a lovely simple little dessert that doesn’t require too much fussing or bother. Not being a desserty person that’s exactly my kind of bag.
1 tablespoon butter, softened
5 egg whites
2/3 cup caster sugar
2 punnets raspberries
icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Grease four 300ml ramekins with soft butter. Make sure you give the dishes a good coating of butter.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff
- Add the caster sugar, one tablespoon at a time, until all incorporated.
- Slice the passionfruit in half and spoon out the seeds and juice.
- Add the passionfruit to the meringue and carefully fold through.
- Spoon the mixture equally into the four greased ramekins.
- Stand them in a baking dish and half fill the dish with boiling water.
- Bake in the preheated oven for ten minutes.
- Turn out the chinchillas upside down onto each serving plate.
- Top with raspberries and dust lightly with icing sugar.
- Serve immediately
Note: to serve cold, don’t top until just before serving. Cover with cling film and store in the fridge.
Recipe & Photo nabbed from: http://www.bizzylizzysgoodthings.com