Haven’t tried these yet but by all reports they are delish. I’m no vegetarian, but I am quite fond of vegetables. And rolls.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup pecans, chopped finely or whizzed in food processor
- 1 medium to large onion, finely chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 250g cottage cheese (or you could use tofu or TVP)
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- sheet of puff pastry
- Combine all the ingredients (except pastry) in a bowl.
- Thaw out some ready-rolled puff pastry and cut it in half, into two rectangles.
- Spoon a line of the non-sausage mix down the centre third of each rectangle and gently roll up.
- Slice the rolls into halves, thirds or quarters and cut some diagonal slits along the top.
- You can repeat and assemble the lot now, or just do as many as you want to eat and freeze the remaining mix for later.
- Glaze the sausage rolls with milk or a beaten egg, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. (I’m often too lazy to mess around with the sesame seeds.)
- Bake at 200 deg for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown.
Recipe: Liz O’Brien