Very tasty and freaking simple. Great BBQ staple that pleases lovers of heat. Of which I am one.
- 1 kg chicken legs (about 4 chicken legs)
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 4 shallots
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 inch galangal
- 3 fresh red chili – seeds removed
- 6 dried red chili – seeds removed
- 1 tsp tamarind paste – seeds removed
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup coconut milk (I used canned, not low fat)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 spoon Knorr chicken powder
- Salt (to taste)
- Blend all ingredients for marinade in a food processor.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- Mix together blended mixture and chicken pieces and leave to marinade overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Place chicken together with all the marinade in a baking dish. Cover baking dish with foil, roast for 30 mins.
- Remove foil, roast for a further 30 mins. Turn chicken over every now and then to ensure even browning.
- Broil for a few mins after that to thicken the gravy further and to get some charred bits.
Recipe from: http://www.pigpigscorner.com