These are pretty tasty. Be careful not to overcook them as they become a little dry.
3 small lemons
500g pork fillet (tenderloin), trimmed of all fat and cut into 32 small pieces
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp each ground cumin, coriander and turmeric
2 tsp paprika
4 tbsp 0% fat Greek yogurt
16 fresh bay leaves
16 whole pickled red chillies (optional)
3 red onions, thickly sliced
3 beef tomatoes, thickly sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
Large handful torn fresh flatleaf parsley
1. Finely grate the zest from 1 lemon and squeeze the juice.
Put both into a bowl with the pork, garlic, oregano, ground spices and yogurt.
Mix well, cover and set aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes (or up to 2 hours if you have the time).
2. Preheat the grill to hot.
Cut each of the remaining lemons into 8 wedges.
Thread 4 pieces of pork, 2 wedges of lemon, 2 bay leaves and 2 chillies alternately on each skewer.
Arrange on a large foil-lined grill tray and grill for 15 minutes, turning, until the pork is cooked through and lightly charred.
3. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180C/fan160C/ gas 4, and heat a large griddle pan until smoking.
Brush the onions and tomatoes with the oil and season well.
Chargrill the onions for 5 minutes, turn them over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
4. Transfer to a baking dish and keep hot in the oven while you cook the tomatoes.
Add the tomatoes to the griddle pan and chargrill for 2-3 minutes, without turning.
5. Pile the tomatoes onto serving plates with the onions and sprinkle over some balsamic vinegar and flatleaf parsley.
Arrange the spiced pork skewers on top to serve.